Next year political prisoner Savchenko to return to Ukraine from Russia
Her lawyer does not unveil the details of her quickcoming from Russian prison
"Just came out of the prison in Novocherkask [Russian Federation]. Greetings from Nadia. Freedom is closer than it seems. In the new year Savchenko will turn back home," wrote Mark Feygin, the lawyer of Nadia Savchenko in his Twitter. He did not explain the reasons for such confidence. The users of social networks asked him to unveil some more details, but he suggested to talk less, so as not to frighten luck, and Feygin was quich to add: "We are not superstitious though".
Recalling, Russia's Federal Security Service banned Nadia's sister Vira Savchenko from entering the country until 2020. The lawyer states that Nadiya Savchenko is now deprived of the right to defense since her sister Vira was declared the sole witness for the accused at the trial. Feygin promises that Federal Security Service's decision to ban Vira Savchenko from entering the territory of the Russian Federation will be appealed.
Nadiya Savchenko, Ukrainian MP and former Armed Forces servant, is accused of killing two employees of Russian television, who had been near Luhansk without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities in summer of the past year. Russian prosecution claims that Savchenko led adjustment of fire during the bombardment by the Ukrainian military. Also, pilot is accused of illegally crossing the Russian border.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars