NATO's Secretary General: 'No room' in NATO for member states with military coups, - Telegraph
Jens Stoltenberg expressed his full support for the Turkish government
In a telephone call with President Erdogan, Jens Stoltenberg expressed his full support for the Turkish government.
However, he also warned that "there can be no room for military coups in a Nato state."
It comes amid fevered speculation that the embattled country risks losing its membership of Nato, as well as escalating tensions between Turkey and the United States, where the Muslim cleric accused of planning the coup, Fethullah Gülen, currently resides.
Jens Stoltenberg earlier warned President Erdogan that Turkey must maintain "full respect" for democracy.
"Being part of a unique community of values, it is essential for Turkey, like all other allies, to ensure full respect for democracy and its institutions, the constitutional order, the rule of law and fundamental freedoms," he said.
Read the full article here.
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain