NATO: We won’t strike any deals with Russia
Russian aggression against Ukraine undermined the foundation of European security system
Despite possible cooperation with Russia when it comes to fighting terrorism, NATO’s position concerning crisis in Ukraine will stay firm, stated Deputy Secretary General of NATO Alexander Vershbow on Thursday, March 24, during his visit to Lithuania, DW reported.
According to Vershbow, the North Atlantic Alliance doesn’t intend to refuse from additional security measures on eastern territories in exchange for possible support in the fight against terrorism. “We won’t strike any deals”, - Vershbow said.
Vershbow believes, that Russian aggression against Ukraine undermines the foundation of European security system. “Even if we cooperate in the fight against terrorism, we will still stay firm in our position concerning Russian aggression and unlawful annexation of Crimea”, - Vershbow pointed out.
Earlier, US Secretary of State John Kerry stated that if Russia implements all items of Minsk agreements concerning Ukraine, the USA will lift off sanctions.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas