NATO to increase presence in Ukraine, - Muzhenko
Military counselors and combat instructors of the Alliance’s member countries will come to train Ukrainian servicemen
NATO member countries are ready to increase their presence in Ukraine by providing a number of counselors and instructors to train the Ukrainian military. The press service of the General Staff of the Armed Forces reported this January 21.
Viktor Muzhenko, the General Staff Chief, held 12 bilateral meeting with his counterparts from the USA, Great Britain, Canada and some European countries, as well as heads of military committees of NATO and the EU.
“All countries voiced out their support to Ukraine and their readiness to build up their presence there by sending their experts to improve skills and combat efficiency of our servicemen. I guess that will happened in the near future”, Muzhenko said.
According to him, some countries agreed to help Ukraine by providing military equipment and non-lethal weaponry – means of communications, medical supplies et cetera.
Earlier, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg announced the increase of NATO military presence in Poland after the Warsaw summit, which is slated for July 2016.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars