NATO to develop assistance package for Ukraine before summit in Warsaw
Prime Minister Groysman met with NATO Deputy Secretary General Alexander Vershbow
The Alliance will develop a complex package of aid to Ukraine before the NATO summit in Warsaw slated for July. Groysman and Vershbow discussed this during the Friday meeting in Kyiv, the Cabinet’s press service reported.
NATO Deputy Secretary General expressed confidence that the upcoming Summit will become a nice opportunity to turn attention to the progress that Ukraine already showed in the security and defense area. It will also be a good chance to demonstrate Ukraine’s aspirations for further reforms.
Groysman marked that cooperation with the Alliance is crucial both for the government and the country. “We will broaden this cooperation and develop our common achievements”, he said.
NATO treats the new Ukrainian government as a chance to create an impetus for reforms. The Alliance reiterated that Kyiv needs to implement the necessary changes in all areas of life in the country, specifically fighting corruption and reforming defense sector of Ukraine under NATO standards.
Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov added that Ukraine plans present the new concept of reformation of the Armed Forces during the Warsaw summit. According to him, it is essential for Kyiv that participants in the Summit pay much attention to Russian aggression in Ukraine. Turchynov expressed hope that NATO member countries will evaluate the Kremlin’s military intervention in Crimea and Donbas during the summit.
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars