NATO sends Ukrainian military engineers equipment to clear mines in Donbas
The equipment has been passed under the NATO humanitarian de-mining program
The delivery ceremony took place in Kyiv on Thursday, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
Sorin Ducaru, NATO Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges, said that the equipment has been passed under the NATO humanitarian de-mining program in eastern Ukraine, which started working back in July 2015.
“Currently, there are high alert conditions in Ukraine, and special services need to respond adequately to these conditions. The project is supposed to make this response more decisive. In its frameworks, we are passing this equipment and providing training for Ukrainian experts”, Ducaru said.
Head of Ukraine’s State Emergencies Service Mykola Chechotkin added that the NATO handed over to Ukraine four explosion-proof costumes Med-Eng, metal detectors, tactical goggles and other technical means to clear mines.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars