NATO Secretary General to take part at Ukrainian Security Council meeting
Jens Stoltenberg was invited to Kyiv by President Petro Poroshenko.
NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg, along with The President Petro Poroshenko on September 21-22 will open a military exercise in the Lviv region and will take part in a meeting of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, press service of the Ukrainian president stated.
"During the visit, the Ukrainian president and the Secretary General of NATO, in particular, will open joint exercises Ukraine – NATO in the aftermath of emergencies " Ukraine-2015 ". The exercises will be held in the Yavoriv training ground which is in Lviv region. In addition, upon the invitation of the President, the Head of the Alliance is going to take part in the National Security and Defense Council theme meeting regarding the issues of reforming the security and defense sector of Ukraine," said in the statement.
As it was reported previously, Ukrainian Deputy Minister of Defense for European Integration Ihor Dolhov in his interview to RBC stated that from this visit of NATO Secretary General Kyiv expects to sign an agreement to create NATO official agency in Ukraine.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case