NATO office may be established in Ukraine
Ukraine expects to sign an agreement with NATO Secretary-General in September
During the visit of the Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg to Ukraine Kyiv expects to sign an agreement to create NATO official agency in Ukraine, stated Ukrainian Deputy Minister of Defense for European Integration Ihor Dolhov in his interview with RBC.
"The Secretary-General intends to visit Ukraine after September 20... This visit fo NATO Secretary General is not the first one in the history of Ukraine. But Jens Stoltenberg to come here for the first time. And this visit is not only a demonstration of the special partnership with NATO, - said the Deputy Minister. - We hope to sign an agreement between the Government of Ukraine and NATO on establishing official office of NATO in Ukraine".
Dolhov also added that the assistance of the Alliance has grown several times in recent years. He saidclaimed that a negative Russian reaction from should not impede the enhanced cooperation between Ukraine and NATO. After all, Ukraine is sovereign in its choice of who to collaborate with.
Ukraine will host an international civil defense training within the cooperation with NATO. It is announced that the NATO Secretary General will visit the opening ceremony at the Yavoriv training ground.
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels