NATO missile defense system is in state of readiness, - Stoltenberg
US ships in Spain, interceptors in Romania and radar systems in Turkey will operate as one system
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that the missile defense system of the Alliance has entered the initial level of preparedness in the first day of the NATO Summit in Warsaw. Yevropeyska Pravda reports this.
"We have announced the initial operational capability of our missile defense system which means that the US ships in Spain, interceptors in Romania and radar systems in Turkey will operate as one system", Stoltenberg said.
They also recognized the cyberspace as a new field of activity. "We are strengthening our collective security in all spheres", he added.
The Secretary General expressed confidence that NATO's security "is based on the willingness of our allies".
"Today's challenges require a modern Alliance and resources, so we have reviewed and confirmed the investment commitments in the defense sector", Secretary General said.
Jens Stoltenberg stressed that NATO does not want a new Cold War and a new arms race, and is not looking for a confrontation.
"At a time when we are strengthening our defense, we will continue to seek a constructive dialogue with Russia. Russia cannot and should not be isolated. With an increase in military activity in and around Europe, we are interested in harmonizing the relations with Russia. We need to make every effort to avoid errors and accidents"-Stoltenberg stated.
He also said that the Russia-NATO Council meeting at the ambassadorial level will take place next week, where he will inform Russia about the decision of the Summit.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars