NATO is ready to defend its eastern and southern member states
NATO Secretary General also calls on Russia to play a constructive role in the fight against ISIS
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg stated that the alliance is ready to defend the eastern and southern member states on land, on water and in the air. This statement was made during the meeting of Defense Ministers of NATO member countries, UNN.
"We are committed to our partners and are ready to defend every member of NATO against any threat," he said at the opening of the meeting. Stoltenberg also announced that the NATO summit will be held in Warsaw in 10 months. The meeting of Defense Ministers will embrace the issues of Syria and Ukraine.
As it was previously reported, after arrival of Russian bombers over the skies of Turkey, NATO announced its readiness to protect its ally and pull the troops.
"My concern is that Russians mainly attack the targets that do not belong to the "Islamic state" and other opposition groups which support the Assad regime. I call on Russia to play a constructive role in the fight against ISIS," claimed Stoltenberg.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas