NATO expansion continues near Russian border: Putin's Spokesman
Dmitriy peskov claims NATO policy matches Cold war-era
Russian Federation president’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov stated that the Kremlin is concerned with continuing NATO expansion of Russian borders, said Russian News Agency TASS.
“NATO is a product of confrontation period. It is an instrument for confrontation. We doubt that such organization can help to provide stability, safety and security in Europe. Regret the spread of NATO presence and expansion near our borders. This fact causes concern in Moscow and leads to foreseeable, deliberate and consistent steps to ensure our interests and security on our territories”, - said Peskov.
He has also claimed that NATO policy reminds him of what was during the cold war period.
“NATO is rapidly returning to those times that we thought have fallen behind”, - said Kremlin spokesman.
Recall that USA is going to build new military radar in Norwegian commune Vardo near the Russian borders.
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars