NATO battalions to be sent to Poland and Baltic countries next year, - Stoltenberg
Canada will oversee deployment of battalions in Latvia, Germany in Lithuania, United Kingdom in Estonia, and US in Poland
NATO will start the deployment of battalions in Poland and the Baltic States in 2017, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said during a press conference in Warsaw during the NATO Summit, "Interfax-Ukraine" reports.
"Today we have taken the following steps: we have decided to strengthen our military presence in the eastern part of the Alliance. Four battalions will be located in Poland, as well as in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. On a rotational basis", he said, noting that it will happen in 2017.
According to Stoltenberg, these battalions are multinational.
"Canada will oversee the deployment of the battalions in Latvia, Germany - Lithuania, United Kingdom - in Estonia, and the United States - in Poland", he added.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee