National referendum takes place in Poland
The country to vote for UK-style single-seat constituency system
Today Polish voters make a decision on 3 provisions within the national refendum, Ukrinform.
"Are you for the introduction of single-seat constituencies in elections for the Polish Sejm? Are you in favor of maintaining the current method of financing of political parties from the state budget? Are you in favor of introducing a general principle of resolving doubts about the interpretation of tax law for the benefit of the taxpayer?" - are the three questions of the referendum.
The number of registered voters is 30 mln people. The initiative of referendum on introducing a Westminster-style election system was performed by the previous president Bronislaw Komorowski. The current president Andrzej Duda also initiated a national referendum, which is scheduled for October 25 simultaneously with parliamentary elections. It will embrace three questions, lowering the retirement age, functioning of the State Forests National Forest Holding, and abolition of universal mandatory school olds and restoring the general statutory compulsory schooling from the age of seven.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case