National Anti-Corruption Bureau: Manafort could get USD 13 mln from Yanukovych
Former counselor of ex-President of Ukraine, now leader of Trump’s election campaign was highly paid during Yanukovych’s rule
In 2007-2012, Paul Manafort, ex-counselor to ousted former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, could have got 12,7 million US dollars from Ukraine.
‘Paul Manafort’s name is among those included in the list of the black accounts of the Party of Regions (the pro-presidential political force in 2010-early 2014, - 112 International). The relevant data is being investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU). According to the lists, the expenses related to this person totaled about 12,7 million US dollars. The respective records started in November 2007 and finished in October 2012’, the NABU’s press service says.
However, the investigators say, there is a chance that Manafort didn’t actually get this money – there are signatures of other people in the ‘receivers’ column.
Previously, the New York Times published the article with reference to the NABU, which claimed that Manafort got the sum from Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political force in 2007-2012. The NABU reported that Manafort’s name emerged in the party’s papers 22 times in five years; the purpose of the payments in unclear yet.
The investigation continues.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars