National Agency for Prevention of Corruption to hold official inspection due to the fake e-declaration of Ryaboshapka
We are not talking about breaking the system, but about the process of verification, which was built in the program - Natalia Korchak
National Agency for Prevention of Corruption will hold an official investigation on the fact of appearance of "fake" electronic declaration of the agency's member Ruslan Ryaboshapka. This was announced by Natalia Korchak, the head of the agency during the briefing, which was broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV-channel.
She noted that the question of the system was not hacked.
"As the information appeared on Friday night, I signed an order on an agency check. Explanations were taken from the specialists of information security and financial monitoring department. The only thing I want to confirm that we are not talking about breaking the system. We are talking about other thing. A person entered the software program through a verification tool installed in this program and filed a declaration. Either this person filed a declaration on own behalf, or he filed it by clicking on any other surname. But again - we are not talking about the hack of the system, but about the verification algorithm within this software."
"We've also heard from public activists, that they approached NABU. We will wait for the reaction of representatives of NABU, who can take this declaration as proof within their competence. So far we have not received any information from the NABU. We contacted them. Ryaboshapka himself was convinced that through the "fake" declaration attackers wanted to discredit the system of e-declaration.
As we reported earlier, a system of electronic declaration of income of officials was launched on August 15 in a test mode in Ukraine. However, the system doesnt yet provide a mechanism for data protection. The National Agency for Prevention of Corruption are sure that all the technical deficiencies will be fixed shortly. However, the Center for Prevention of Corruption and a number of MPs believe that launching a system without a safety certificate will make it impossible to bringing corrupt officials to responsibility.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars