NASA: Samples of soil from the asteroid shall be delivered to Earth in 2023
NASA: first samples of soil from the asteroid shall be delivered to Earth in 2023. Mission to asteroid Bennu to start in September
The first samples of soil from the asteroid shall be delivered to Earth in 2023. This was stated by NASA. The US space agency told about their mission to asteroid Bennu starting in September.
The probe carrier will be launched by a space launch vehicle. It will rich its target in 2018, gather rock samples and conduct various measurements and leave for Earth in 2021. Small asteroid Bennu was discovered three years ago.
NASA says Bennu is potentially the most dangerous for earthlings among all known asteroids, as it is periodically drawing near to our planet to relatively small distances. According to NASA calculations, there is a possibility of collision late in the 23rd century, though very tiny one.
Scientists hope to learn more about the composition of asteroids.
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas