Nadiya Savchenko wishes Lithuanian people to never fight for their freedom with the help of weapons
World Lithuanian Youth Meeting in Prienai and "Savchenko list"
Former Ukrainian servicewoman and a political prisoner, today’s MP Nadiya Savchenko is visiting World Lithuanian Youth Meeting in Prienai, Lithuania. She thanked Lithuania once again the Lithuanians for their support and contribution to her release, making a bow to the audience.
Savchenko said that people should not treat freedom as an absolute givenness and it can be proved by the ongoing two-year conflict between Russia and Ukraine, and Ukrainians should free their consciousness.
Nadiya Savchenko hopes that all the rest Ukrainians, prisoned in Russia or in the occupied Crimea, will be freed. She said this on a press conference after her meeting with Lithuanian Foreign Minister in Vilnius.
Preceding her speech, Minister Linas Linkevicius noted that everybody “was not just waiting for her release, but were doing their best to free Nadya and we will try for the rest to be freed and for the whole Ukraine to be freed.”
He reminded that there was a decision made containing 84 Russian citizens, so-called “Savchenko-list”. He noted that the list is called after her, but it also concerns other fabricated criminal cases of Russia against the Ukrainians. There also exists the “List of Magnitskiy”, to mention.
“Several dozens of Ukrainian military men are in custody and we crucially need to be consistent in holding our stand. I think this “lists method” will go on to be used until the problem is solved. – Linkevicius announced. In her term Savchenko said that there was a crime committed and a punishment should follow: “There should be a list for every prisoner, not only one list, until all the guilty are convicted. If they remain un-sentenced, they will go on committing their crimes.”
In her term Nadiya Savchenko said that she considers her release to become possible due to support of the Lithuanians among others. She also expressed her gratitude, saying that “Lithuania has become the first country which made the world hear Ukraine and remember about it.
After being freed Nadiya Savchenko visited Strasbourg, Warsaw and is in Vilnius now. She said she plans to visit other countries as well to thank for the support in her release.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars