MPs to ask NABU and SAP to check Yatsenyuk actions under the initiative "The Wall"
Special anti-corruprion services to investigate the embezzlement in project "The Wall"
The People's Deputies of Ukraine will appeal to the specialized anti-corruption prosecutor's office (SAP) and National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) to check the actions of the former Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk in the framework of initiatives for strengthening Ukrainian-Russian state border, known as "The Wall", or "European shaft". This was announced by Boryslav Bereza, an independent MP, on his Facebook page.
As we reported earlier, the MP from the "Samopomich" Olena Sotnyk published on her Facebook page the photos of the demarcation constructions on the Ukrainian- Russian border in Kharkiv region - project called "European Wall". On the photos the construction looks a gardern grating.
Recall that the State Border Service announced completion of preparations for a unilateral border demarcation with Russia in August 2015.
In 2015, 230 km of anti-tank ditches were constructed in Chernihiv and Kharkiv regions, in 2016 the works are underway at the joint of Kharkiv and Luhansk regions.
Totally, 115.2 km of anti-tank facilities, 82 km lateral roads, 417 km of control strips, 10 km 750 m obstacle were build during 2014 - 2015. The cost of the project is 4 billion UAH, which equals to 160 million dollars.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case