MPs prepare bill to cancel motion of non-confidence in Cabinet
Some members of the Parliament say they couldn’t vote due to the vote counting system malfunction
On February 17, a number of Ukrainian MPs plan to submit a bill to the Parliament on cancelling of the yesterday’s vote (nv.ua). They demand to re-vote for the bill on the motion of non-confidence in the government. According to MPs Ihor Lutsenko and Olena Sotnyk, they and their colleagues had a trouble with voting procedure that day. Lutsenko, in particular, said that the vote counting system didn’t work properly.
As 112 International reported, on February 16, Ukraine’s Parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, failed to disband Yatsenyuk’s government. The respective resolution didn’t get enough votes of the MPs.
Prime Minister Yatsenyuk held a speech at the Parliament, reporting on the government’s activity throughout the last year. After that, heads of parliamentary factions and leaders of parliamentary committees heavily criticized the Premier and his ministers. Soon after Yatsenyuk started his speech, 150 votes were collected in the Parliament to support the vote of censure. The document didn’t get enough votes – 194 of 226 necessary. However, the Parliament admitted that the government’s actions in 2015 were unsatisfactory.
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars