MPs offer to assign Prosecutor General without experience in this area
The respective draft bills are supposed to resolve political crisis and appoint Yuriy Lutsenko as Prosecutor General
Ukrainian MPs registered the draft law that allows appointing Prosecutor General with no work experience in prosecutor’s office.
The document foresees that any Ukrainian citizen with high education and at least five-year long work experience in law area or law enforcement body can be assigned Prosecutor General.
Under the current law, the candidate for this position should have higher legal education and at least 10 years of work experience in this area.
The Ukrainian media write that the Presidential Administration and the Parliament’s leading figures are trying to push this draft law so as to resolve the political crisis. Meanwhile, Petro Poroshenko’s Bloc offers the Prosecutor General’s position to Yuriy Lutsenko, current leader of the party’s parliamentary faction.
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
Poroshenko urges Parliament to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges 28 September, 07:45
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain