16:30 21.10.2016 Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
13:54 21.10.2016 Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
12:32 21.10.2016 Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
MP: Offshore scandal is part of hybrid war
Member of Ukrainian Parliament Svitlana Zalishchuk commented on the impact of the huge offshore scandal on Ukraine
“The offshore scandal is surely a part of the hybrid war waged against Ukraine. And this time, the blow was landed from our rear”, Zalishchuk wrote in her column at nv.ua. The text goes as follows:
- “What does this mean for the country? The level of trust dropped drastically. The scandal surely gave Ukraine’s opponents an advantage that they can use at all levels of international negotiations – especially before the upcoming negotiations on further sanctions against Russia. As for the referendum in the Netherlands, it’s like a goal we lost 30 seconds before the final whistle, and we can’t pull another goal back. The local press already talks about it. Yet this morning, it seemed that the campaign to support Ukraine in the Netherlands has a chance to succeed”.
- “The coalition crisis might now grow into a bigger one, the state crisis. Compared with the Government and the Parliament, the President seemed to be the one who can be trusted. The all-against-all conflict comes into a new dangerous phase. Now, there are fewer chances to shape the new parliamentary coalition without elections:.
- “President: what would he do in this situation? What kind of governmental authorities would react to the assumption that a leading official tried to evade taxes? There should be an investigation, but are there any institutions in the state capable of conducting it? Is the Acting Prsecutor General a close friend of Shokin’s? I don’t trust the parliamentary commission as none of them proved their efficiency so far. The helplessness of law enforcers will devaluate the President’s explanations on the issue”.
- “Common citizens. Two years ago we all experienced a sort of insight, and now we’re here… Will the society accept President’s apology/explanation/investigation on the matter? The Head of the State will have to choose”.
Poroshenko urges Parliament to vote for dismissal of oath-breaking judges 28 September, 07:45
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars