MP: Minister of Healthcare should be good manager, too
Oleg Musiy, ex-minister and non-partisan MP, said very few people could take this position
According to Musiy, there are two reasons why it’s difficult to find a proper candidate to take office of the Minister of Healthcare of Ukraine. He said this in an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel on April 15.
“The first reason is that my successor made so much mess in the Ministry it will be extremely difficult to get things back to normal. Besides, I’m not sure whether the Minister will have enough authority in this government to shape his own team, starting from his own deputies. It’s a crucial matter”, the MP noted.
Musiy also said that a good Minister of Healthcare should be also a decent manager. “There’s a specialist area in medicine called organization and management in healthcare system. It should be a doctor with decent managing skills”, he said.
Oleg Musiy is former Healthcare Minister of Ukraine; he stayed in the office from February till October 2014. Previously, Musiy was the leader of the medical service of the Euromaidan during the Revolution of Dignity in Ukraine in early 2014.
On April 14, the Ukrainian Parliament approved Arseniy Yatsenyuk’s resignation from the Prime Minister’s office and appointed Volodymyr Groysman his successor. The Verkhovna Rada also approved the new line-up of the Cabinet; the Parliament approved all ministers but Healthcare Minister.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars