MP: decision to assign Prosecutor General not expected until May 10
The Parliament failed to vote for the respective bill on today’s plenary session
Ukraine may not get new Prosecutor General until Tuesday, May 10, said MP Viktoriya Syumar from People’s Front party.
“I guess the issue with Prosecutor General will not be solved until then. You see, it’s up to the President who’s not even here right now (Petro Poroshenko is currently on visit to Romania – 112 International). By May 10, he should make up his mind on the candidacy. There’s enough time for that; and I guess many options will be considered”, Syumar noted.
Earlier today, the Parliament failed to vote for the bill that allowed assigning Ukraine’s Prosecutor General.
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case