More than half of Scots stand for separation from UK, - survey
Prior to Brexit referendum independence of Scotland was supported by 40-45% of Scots
More than half of Scots, namely 59%, advocate for the separation of Scotland from the United Kingdom. These are the results of a survey conducted a few hours after the announcement of the results of the referendum on Brexit, published in the Sunday Post Scottish edition.
For the preservation of Scotland as part of the United Kingdom stand 32% of its inhabitants, and 9% have not decided. The publication notes that even the number of elderly Scots, who traditionally oppose the independence, increased to 47%.
Nearly two-thirds of Scots believe that a second referendum on independence will be held in the next few years. Prior to the referendum on EU membership the independence of Scotland was supported by 40-45% of Scots according to various polls.
It was reported that the Scottish Government intends to seek urgent negotiations with Brussels in order to protect the right to stay in the European Union.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars