Mission of the Council of Europe met pro-Ukrainian activists in occupied Crimea
Ukrainian Cultural Center informed Council of Europe about problems of Ukrainian speaking population
Mission of the Council of Europe, which is now located in occupied Crimea, met Ukrainian activists and Mejlis representatives, informs one of the founders of Ukrainian Cultural Center Leonid Kuzmin on Facebook.
“Today representatives of Ukrainian Cultural Center met Special Representative of Secretary General of the Council of Europe for Human Rights in Crimea Gerard Shtudman as well as representatives of the monitoring group. During the meeting we informed the Council of Europe about gradual elimination of the Ukrainian language from Crimean schools, about the efforts to preserve Ukrainian culture, about shutting of the theatrical studio “Svitanok” in Simferopol, about the absence of Ukrainian printing editions”, - he said.
Kuzmin also told about particular cases of rights violation of Ukrainians and the problem of peaceful assemblies in Crimea. On January 30 the Mission of the Council of Europe held a meeting with representatives of Mejlis in Simferopol. The Mission also met the so-called Prosecutor of Crimea and visited one of Crimean schools this week.
According to “Krym. Realii” officials of the Council of Europe have become first representatives of international organizations to gain access to Crimea in the last 1,5 years.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars