Minsk to host meeting of Trilateral contact group on Wednesday
Today, OSCE representative expects to pass document about ultimate separation of conflicting sides in Donbas
‘According to Belarusian Foreign Ministry, sessions of political and security issues were held yesterday. Today, they will continue, along with the other two groups’, said correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
He added that Martin Sajdik, the OSCE representative in the Minsk group, said he’d expected to pass the document that foresees complete pulling apart of the conflicting sides along the division line in eastern Ukraine. It was the main question raised by the security issues subgroup. During the Wednesday session, the political subgroup will talk about opportunities to hold the local election in the occupied areas of Donbas.
The correspondent added that representatives of the so called DPR and LPR continue to demand that Ukraine makes decision on holding the election before July 14, which is the last plenary day before the summer vacations in the Ukrainian parliament. However, Ukraine’s position hasn’t changed; Kyiv says elections in Donbas are impossible until security issues are solved. Besides, both Russia-backed separatists and Ukraine continue negotiations about the release of all POWs; militants demand amnesty for their comrades detained by the Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas. The issue of ceasefire is also yet to be solved.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case