Minsk Group do not discuss election laws - Iryna Gerashchenko
"Nobody is writing laws on elections during the trilateral meeting, they discuss "modalities of these elections" instead"
During negotiations of trilateral contact group (TCG) in Minsk to the parties discuss not the electoral law in certain regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, but the circumstances under which citizens will be able to express their will. This was stated by the representative of Ukraine in the humanitarian subgroup of the TCG Iryna Gerashchenko during news conference in Kramatorsk, reports UkrInform.
"As for the other subgroups, there's a very difficult discussion in the political subgroup. And it's not about the laws. Who says that laws are written in Minsk?.. You should know what they give you false information. No one writes no laws in Minsk," - said Gerashchenko.
But, she said, they discuss the conditions under which the elections can take place.
"They discuss modalities of the elections, and under modalities they understand the prerequisites for elections. No elections can be hold without ensuring security, disarmament, participation of Ukrainian Central Election Committee, Givi with Motorola won't count the ballots," - she said.
Elections can not pass on the territory, "pumped with weapons and terrorists." In addition, people who left the occupied territories should be eligible to cast their vote and be a candidate. According to Herashchenko, it participation of Ukrainian media must be ensured.
"The key question is that results of the previous elections held in so-called "LNR "and" DNR" should be canceled. "Some people called themselves prime ministers, presidents and so on And what they will be tomorrow?" - she added.
Recall that subdivisions of Minsk group gather on meeting in Belarusian capital on July 27.
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas