Minsk Contact Group agreed on full ceasefire in Donbas, - Olifer
The ceasefire to come into force at midnight of December 23
The Minsk Trilateral Contact Group agreed on the full and unconditional ceasefire in Donbas. The agreement comes into force at midnight of December 23. Darya Olifer, Press Secretary of Ukraine’s representative in the group Leonid Kuchma, posted this at Facebook.
“The key problem, which still remains unsolved, is the continuing attacks on the division line. That’s why the sides reached agreement about the full and unconditional ceasefire, starting at 00.00, December 23rd. Above all, peaceful citizens of Donbas need this initiative to calmly celebrate the Christmas and the New Year”, Olifer posted.
However, the Trilateral Group failed to reach mutual understanding regarding the release and exchange of POWs. According to Olifer, “unfortunately, there’s no progress in this area. Nonetheless, Ukraine still believes that at least some of Ukrainian citizens will be able to return to their families by the end of the passing year”.
The meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group that took place in Minsk on December 22 was the final one in 2015. Its further work depends on the decision of the Normandy four leaders. Representatives of Ukraine, Germany, France and Russia are expected to meet once more by the end of the year, if there is any visible progress in the settlement of the Donbas conflict.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
40 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine, - ATO HQ 6 October, 10:30
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars