Minsk agreements not executed, sanctions against Russia will continue, - Merkel
Merkel emphasized the need for a more permanent ceasefire regime
Sanctions against Russia will continue, since Minsk deals are not kept to, claimed Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel during a briefing aired by “112 Ukraine” TV channel.
“Since Minsk agreements are still not executed, we will continue imposing sanctions against Russia. Had Russia kept to Minsk deals we would have considered a possibility of lifting the sanctions, but it is not the case. We have always supported Ukraine and we will continue doing it, including the IMF support program”, - claimed Merkel.
Earlier President Petro Poroshenko arrived in Germany to hold a meeting with Federal Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars