Militant attack on American University in Kabul
13 died, 44 wounded, 750 students rescued by police
13 died, 7 of them students, in a militant attack on American University in Kabul, reports the local police.
Three guards, three policemen and two militants are among the victims. The attack occurred last night. First, a powerful explosion rocked the building first, then shooting started inside and outside the building.
Many students and teachers who were afraid to come out from their shelters, were blocked in classrooms.
The rescue operation lasted for 10 hours. This morning police announced its successful completion.
750 students and university employees were rescued. 35 students and 9 policemen were wounded.
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars