Miklos: Yatsenyuk did well, though he could have done better
Foreign counselor, ex-Vice Prime Minister of Slovakia assessed Yatsenyuk’s work in Prime Minister’s chair
“Speaking about Yatsenyuk, he and his government did a nice job. But they could do better than that”, Ivan Miklos said in his interview with Segodnya newspaper.
“In 2015, the Ukrainian Parliament passed only 37 percent of the government’s legal initiatives. His Cabinet did not have enough time for studying, not enough time for discussions. In my opinion, Yatsenuik started doing the right things too late. I mean, it wasn’t until last summer when he started reporting to fellow Ukrainians about the steps taken; at about the same time, the Cabinet’s press service started broadcasting regular sessions of the government. But six months before that, there was no communication between him and the civil society. So, his efforts were not enough”, the official said.
Ivan Miklos, widely known as a reformist, is the Slovak politician and the former Finance Minister of Slovakia (2010-2012). He previously served as Slovakia's Minister of Finance from 2002 to 2006 and Deputy Prime Minister for Economy between 1998 and 2002. In 2004, he was named the top business reformer by the World Bank's Doing Business report. Under his leadership, Slovakia jumped to 32nd place (of 178 economies) on the ease of doing business index.
In spring 2016, Ivan Miklos chaired the team of counselors to Ukraine’s Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas