Mijatovic: Impunity hurts media freedom in Russia
OSCE Representative on Media Freedom released the statement on the occasion of anniversary of Anna Politkovskaya’s murder
The Russian government should put an end to the situation when crimes against reporters remain unpunished. Dunja Mijatovic, OSCE Representative on Media Freedom, said this as quoted by BBC. The official released respective statement on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of Anna Politkovskaya’s murder.
‘I admit the progress achieved in Anna Politkovskaya’s case but many things are yet to be done,’ Mijatovic said. According to her, it is unacceptable that 10 years after the journalist’s murder, the organizers are still at large.
The OSCE Representative on Media Freedom added that despite the promises to find and punish the guilty, many murders or reporters in Russia remain unpunished. The vicious circle of impunity harms the media freedom in this country’, the human rights defender said.
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case