Ukraine withdraws diplomat from Slovakia amid cigarette smuggling accusations
Oksana Lischishin is accused of being a key figure in cigarette smuggling scandal
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has decided to withdraw the first secretary of the Ukrainian Embassy in Slovakia Oksana Lischishin, who became a figurant in the scandal over the smuggling of cigarettes. It was said to "Evropeyskaya pravda" from informed source in the MFA.
The ministry also confirmed the information that Lischishin suddenly went on vacation.
"The decision to grant the leave does not match the position of the MFA. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has officially adopted a radically different solution – the withdrawal of the employee from a long trip abroad. Diplomat is going to return to Ukraine instead of going on vacation", - the diplomat said.
Vacation of the first secretary of the embassy began on May 24, but she had still worked on Monday.
It is noted that the information about the scandal is absent on the website of the Embassy.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars