MH17 criminal investigation to continue in 2016 - the Dutch Prosecutor Service
The inquiry takes place under difficult conditions concerning the gathering of evidence and interviewing witnesses in the area, where an armed conflict is still ongoing, said in a statement
The Dutch Public Prosecutor Service commented on the final report of Security Board of the Netherlands about the facts and circumstances of the crash of MH17 flight on 17 July, 2014, Ukrinform reports.
“The Joint Investigation Team (JTI) had already announced that in the criminal investigation, the most likely scenario is that MH17 was shot down by a BUK. In order to obtain conclusive criminal evidence, it is also necessary that other scenarios, such as the possibility that flight MH17 was shot down by another type of missile or that it was shot from the air, can be ruled out convincingly,” said in the statement.
At the Public Prosecutor Service of the Netherlands told that the burden of proof in a criminal case is heavier and consequently the criminal investigation is more time-consuming. Therefore, the criminal investigation into the crash of flight MH17 will still be fully continued in 2016, stated at the Dutch Prosecutor Service.
“The criminal court will ultimately have to establish that it could have been no other weapon than a BUK and that any alternatives can be ruled out beyond any doubt. Furthermore, it is required to establish a link with potential suspects.The aspects which are most time-consuming are finding and hearing the many witnesses, as well as the big data-analysis. The inquiry takes place under difficult conditions, especially concerning the gathering of evidence and interviewing witnesses in the relevant area, where an armed conflict is still ongoing,” said in the statement.
Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia 21 October, 19:31
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars