MFA: Ukrainians are increasingly frequently being arrested in Russia on fake charges of drug trafficking
The Ministry shall better promote public awareness campaign on this issue
Citizens of Ukraine are increasingly frequently being arrested on fake charges of distribution of narcotic drugs on the territory of the Russian Federation.
This is stated in the report of the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine on their Facebook page.
"Today the situation with the detention of Ukrainian citizens in Russian Federation extremely sharp. There is a very negative trend to an increase of the number of unreasonably detained and arrested Ukrainians, who become hostages of deceptive and fraudulent actions by certain intermediary structures operating on the territory of Ukraine and Russia," - the report says.
In this regard, according to the analysis of available materials and information, Ministry decided to promote public awareness campaign of a preventive nature in order to prevent further cases of illegal detention and arrest of Ukrainians in Russia on charges of drug trafficking.
Earlier, the Foreign Ministry called on Ukrainians to carefully weigh up the need to travel to the Russian Federation. When visiting the country it is advisable to watch out personal belongings that nobody planted drugs, and avoid the requests to transport goods across the border.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars