MFA of Ukraine handed note of protest to Russian consul
Ukrainian Foreign Ministry demand to stop the violation of the rights of Ukrainians convicted in Russia
Ukrainian Foreign Ministry handed note of protest to the Russian consul with the demand to stop the violation of the rights of Ukrainians convicted in Russia, reported Interfax.
Russian Federation Embassy Consul was summoned to Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs where he received the note of protest demanding to stop the practice of systematic violations of the rights f Ukrainian citizens, illegally detained and sentenced in Russian Federation.
“Ukrainian side expressed the deep concern due to continuation of a farcical trial in the case of Nadiya Savchenko and tortures to unlawfully convicted citizen of Ukraine Gennady Afanasiev. Also we expressed protest about the inadmissibility of violation of consular Ukrainian officials’ rights to access illegally detained Ukrainian citizens, as provided by Article 13 of the Consular Convention between Ukraine and Russia” - conveys the essence of the protest note Ukrainian Foreign Ministry press service.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain