MFA of Ukraine demands from Russia to stop prosecution of Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars
Kyiv urges Moscow to stop oppressing Crimean activists
Kyiv is deeply concerned about the breach of human rights by Russia in occupied Crimea and in separate regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, informs press center of MFA of Ukraine.
“Reports of international organizations and human rights institutions register mass prosecutions of ethnic Ukrainians and Tatars in Crimea for political and national reasons by occupation authorities of the Russia Federation”, - says the report.
Foreign ministry officials state that the report of influential international NGO “Freedom House”, “Freedom in the World – 2016”, published on January 27, 2016, calls the situation with political and civil rights of people in occupied Crimea “restricted”.
Criminal activities of occupation authorities of the Russian Federation must become the subject of attention of international community, claims MFA of Ukraine. Basic conventional and monitoring mechanisms of the Council of Europe and other international organizations must obtain free access to occupied Crimea, says MFA.
“We expect the visit of Special Representative of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe Gerard Shtudman to Crimea will become the first step to encourage Russia to respect human rights”, - says the Ministry.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic 15 October, 15:32
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars