MFA: Elections in occupied Crimea call into question legitimacy of State Duma
"Any results of these elections are null and void", - speaker of MFA
The elections to Russian State Duma is a violation of international law, because of holding elections in the occupied Crimea. This was reported by the speaker of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry Mariana Betza, according to "Interfax-Ukraine".
"We believe that these elections are another indication of the continuing armed aggression of Russia against Ukraine. As Crimea is a part of Ukraine, we believe that these elections are a priori illegitimate, illegal, in violation of international law, the UN Charter, the legislation of Ukraine, and also violate the UN General Assembly Resolution of 27 March 2014, which confirmed Ukraine's territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders ", - said Betza.
The Speaker of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry stressed that the holding of elections "calls into question the entire legitimacy of the State Duma," and shows the need to strengthen the sanctions previously imposed, "both personal and general."
"We also believe that any results of these elections are null, and we urge the world not to recognize the legitimacy of these elections, the legitimacy of Russian representatives and the legitimacy of the State Duma, and we believe that it is necessary to strengthen the sanctions pressure on all involved in the conduct of these elections" - she added.
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain