Merkel to expect quick decisions from Britain in the context of Brexit
According to Merkel, Britain needs to officially announce its desire to leave the EU
Germany expects Great Britain to take quick decisions on their further actions after the referendum on EU membership. This was announced by the German Chancellor Angela Merkel, according to DW.
“United Kingdom shall explain soon in what manner they are going to formalize their relations with the European Union,” – she said during her meeting with diplomatic representatives in Meseberg castle near Berlin on July 11.
he also stressed that Britain now has to put on record their desire to leave the EU, and only after that a relevant process starts. She also noted that “interests of the rest 27 EU members will be accommodated.”
In the contest of British perspectives regarding European market, Merkel mentioned that in order to keep an access to the common market one should recognize basic freedoms, like free movement.
At that Great Britain remains an important partner despite of the fact that Brexit is a “heavy blow”. “It’s my strong belief that the EU is powerful enough to survive this examination.”
As it was reported earlier Merkel doubted that Brexit will be completed.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas