Merkel: Immediate progress in Minsk Agreements implementation is needed
Angela Merkel acknowledged lack of progress in implementation of the Minsk Agreements
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that the issue of the implementation of the Minsk agreement needs immediate progress.
She said this in an interview with the newspaper Rhein-Nektar Zeitung, DW reports.
"Minsk Agreements remain the basis for our ongoing efforts. They are recognized by all the parties, they do that in order to prevent even greater bloodshed, but it is also true that we urgently need progress in their fulfillment", said the Chancellor, adding that she will work towards peace in Ukraine within the framework of "Normandy format".
Earlier, Merkel stated she sees no reason to lift sanctions against Russia because Moscow has not fulfilled all its obligations under the Minsk Agreements.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels