Mejlis ban might mean start of Crimean Tatars Holocaust, - Chubarov
Chubarov compared Russian occupation authorities to the German National Socialists
The Mejlis ban in Crimea might mean the start of Crimean Tatars Holocaust,- said the chairman of Mejlis Refat Chubarov during the briefing, reported UNIAN.
Commenting the appeal of so-called "prosecutor" of Crimea Natalia Poklonska referred to the recognition of the Mejlis as a terrorist organization, Chubarov said: “The decision will be taken. Mejlis will be banned. All those involved in the Mejlis, thousands of people will be subjected to reprisals. A number of members of local mejlises will be displaced from Crimea, members of central mejlises will be arrested. And their (the invaders) ultimate goal is the complete displacement of Crimean Tatars from Crimea. "
Earlier searches among Crimean Tatars due to investigation on terrorist activity had started
Chubarov compared the actions of the Russian occupation authorities to the actions of the National Socialists in Germany against the Jews.
According to Chubarov, the situation in Crimea should be discussed at the UN Security Council meeting and countries should proceed to strengthen the international sanctions against Russia.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels