McCain: Russia must release Savchenko or face new sanctions
Russia is a third world country with totalitarian regime, the U.S. Senator said
“Moscow should get a clear signal: release of Savchenko or new sanctions”, McCain’s Twitter reads. On Thursday, the official delivered a speech at the Senate.
According to him, the entire democratic world should realize that Russia is a third world country with totalitarian regime, led by a tyrant, the country that doesn’t care about the international norms of law.
“The USA and the entire international community have to react to this outraging violation (Savchenko’s detention) so as to demonstrate firmness of the values that Nadiya embodies”, said the Chairman of Senate Armed Services Committee.
He urged the world to show Putin he can’t stop the dash for freedom and democracy. “The Ukrainian nation deserves this as much as the Russian one does”, he added.
Previously, U.S. President Barack Obama and G7 ambassadors in Ukraine urged Russia to release Nadiya Savchenko.
Recently, Russian Foreign Ministry said the issue of handling Savchenko to Ukraine may be discussed only after the court’s verdict in her case, which is expected to be pronounced on March 21st and 22nd.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars