Mayors of Irpin and Bucha, neighbouring cities with Kyiv, are having searches
Activists and journalists have repeatedly accused both of them of illicit alienation of urban lands. Now it is about 900 hectares of Bucha forest
General Prosecutor’s Office is making a searches at Fedoruk, Mayor of Bucha town, and Karplyuk, mayor of Irpin town. Bucha and Irpin are small cities, situated very close to Kyiv, where the land is very expensive.
Mayors of the cities Anatoliy Fedoruk and Volodymyr Karplyuk are godfathers of each others children and business partners.
Karplyuk owns a construction company. He officially registered 67 apartments with more than 7000 square meters of total floor area.
Activists and journalists have repeatedly accused both of them of illicit alienation of urban lands. Now it is about 900 hectares of Bucha forest.
Karplyuk is also a party in the conflict with the village of Kotsyubynske, Kyiv region. Activists are trying to protect 4000 hectares of Bilychy forest from the real estate development.
After a confrontation in the village council, Ukrainian parliament resumed its authority. Snap elections across Ukraine took place only last week.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars