'Many Europeans are tired of Ukraine' - Poroshenko
Meanwhile, 74% of Ukrainians support the country's integration in EU, said the President
'Many Europeans are tired of Ukraine, they call themselves skeptics, but in fact they are eurosceptics', said President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko during his speech to the students in the Netherlands, which broadcasted TV Channel '112 Ukraine'.
Unfortunately, Ukrainians have to pay for their choices with blood. The mood in Europe, unfortunately, is also too different. Many Europeans are tired. Unfortunately, many people think that 'it is enough, give Kremlin what it wants'. These Europeans call themselves skeptics. At the same time, they are eurosceptics. The future of Europe and the future of the world, including Ukraine and the future belongs to the brave. We know it in Ukraine because we know the courage of our soldiers, their dedication. There is a thin red line that separates us from the aggressor, the second line of defense - a European sanctions, which should support the Ukrainians in this difficult time. The courage is Ukraine today', - said the President.
The President also said, that 'We are fighting now for European values. We see our Ukrainian future together with Europe. This is probably the last place on Earth where people believe in Europe. Europe now is a national idea for Ukraine', said Poroshenko.
'Just two years ago, only 36% of Ukrainians supported the Ukrainian integration and nation was divided, now they are 74%, in two years', - pointed he.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case