Malaysia Airlines will pay compensation to families of MH17 victims
The company reached the agreement, but the amount of compensation was not named
Malaysia Airlines will pay compensation to families of those on-board the downed MH17 two years ago.
This was reported by the Dutch attorney, representing many affected families. He said that the company reached the agreement, but the amount of compensation was not named.
In accordance with the international convention, an airline is obliged to pay 130 thousand Euros for every deceased, regardless of the cause of the crash.
Boeing was shot down in Donetsk region on July 17, 2014. Almost 300 people on board deceased.
In the Netherlands Public Prosecutor's Office, heading the international investigation, expect a full report on the circumstances of the crash in Donetsk region to be completed this fall.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case