Lutsenko: Yefremov opened the doors to the war in our country
"These are not emotions, these are proofs," - said the prosecutor general
Oleksandr Yefremov, former head of the faction Party of Regions, opened the doors to the war in Ukraine. This was stated by the Prosecutor General Yuri Lutsenko during the briefing, which was broadcasted by "112 Ukraine" TV-channel.
"Yefremov is probably the first and the only person for the time of my work, to whom I have a deeply negative attitude. According to the evidence, and not the emotions, the man opened the door of the war in our country. These are not my emotions; these are not publications, not slogans. These are evidences that were presented by different people to our investigators. These evidences are in the basis of our suspicion, these proofs, as well as new ones that we hope to receive, will be the basis for our indictment. But never the less, I will be guided solely by the law, even fin the case of such a citizen, whose actions I hate with all my heart," - said Lutsenko.
"We have the reason to request an arrest for him. We have factual information provided by different individuals, and not only from Landyk, as his defense states."
"We have direct evidence from the people who personally saw the actions or calls to commit treason felony by Yefremov. With a clear conscience I signed all the documents for his detention, and with a clear conscience I am asking for his arrest," - said the Prosecutor General.
As it was reported earlier, Pechersky District Court of Kyiv arrested Oleksandr Yefremov for 60 days on August 1. The period of detention expires on September 28, 2016.
Yefremov was detained on suspicion accused of violation of foreign territorial supremacy and infringement of inviolability of Ukraine on July 30 at Kyiv airport. Apart from that Yefremov is charged with direct support of a criminal organization "LNR" and misappropriation of property "Luganskugol".
Lutsenko proposes to lift ban on casinos in Ukraine 19 October, 23:14
Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers 21 October, 14:44
Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague 25 October, 19:49
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case