Lutsenko: Former deputy leader of disbanded Party of Regions detained
Olexandr Yefremov is charged with separatism and aggression upon Ukraine’s territorial integrity, - Ukraine’s Prosecutor General
According to Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, the former MP, one of the leaders of the now disbanded Party of Regions Olexandr Yefremov is detained. He now faces charges of breaching Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
During his long political career, Yefremov served as governor of Luhansk region and Ukrainian MP of three convocations (2005, 2006 and 2012). He was deputy leader of Viktor Yanukovych, the-then head of the pro-Russian party. In January 2014, he voted for the so-called draconian laws that severely limited rights of citizens for freedom of speech and assembly, and foresaw criminal responsibility for anti-government manifestations.
Yefremov stepped down the political scene when the new Parliament was elected, and Party of Regions was disbanded – as the political force that disgraced itself by encouraging aggression during the Revolution of Dignity in Ukraine in late 2013-early 2014.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels