Lithuanian FM: Annexation of Crimea showed that Russian war in Georgia became a lesson for the world
Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius supports the continuation of sanctions for the Russian annexation of the Crimea
Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius supports the continuation of sanctions for the Russian annexation of the Crimea.
"Eight years ago, the Russian war in Georgia should have become a lesson to the world. Russia's annexation of the Crimea demonstrated that it did not happen. Sanctions must be continued", - said Linkevicius on Twitter.
As it was reported earlier, in June, the European Union extended sanctions imposed on Russia for another year, until 24 June 2017.
Recall that in the night of August 8, 2008, after shelling of Georgian territory Georgian armed forces announced their intention to "restore constitutional order" in the territory of the unrecognized republic of South Ossetia and took most of Tskhinvali after the battle. The same day, Russia intervened in the conflict on the side of separatists and sent troops, including armored brigades to the territory of Georgia, bombed Georgian cities, ports and military facilities. The armed conflict ended with defeat of Georgia.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars