Lithuania not to buy Ukraine’s military equipment due to mismatch NATO requirements - Defense Minister
"There are our demands to be met, both in terms of protecting power of technology and combat", said Olekas
Lithuania will not buy Ukrainian military equipment, because it does not meet the requirements of the NATO countries. Lithuanian Defence Minister Juozas Olekas said this in an interview with 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
"There are our demands to be met, both in terms of protecting the power of technology and combat. There are standards that are accepted in NATO countries, to operate, to participate in activities together. These requirements are consistent with German technology, which we have chosen. As you know I was at the time of the previous visit to Ukraine in the Ukrainian plant in Kharkov and saw the equipment, but we still decided to buy German armory", Juozas said.
According to him, Ukrainian equipment does not meet the requirements of the NATO countries.
He added that while Lithuania has no plans to buy Ukrainian military equipment, “but maybe some day it will meet the NATO requirements and then we’ll see”.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels