Lithuania makes national service permanent and compulsory
Men from 19 to 26 years old are going to serve for 9 months
Seimas adopted amendments to the Military Service Act, which made national service compulsory and permanent. Local Delfi edition reports this.
The adopted document states that "military conscription becomes permanent and carried out every year".
3.5 to 4 thousand young men from 19 to 26 years old will be recruited for 9 months each year.
In Lithuania, the military conscription was suspended in 2008 and returned last year as a response to the aggressive actions of Russia in Ukraine, as well as to accelerate the filling of military units for reserve training.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case